“Why are people so tired on April 1st? Because they just finished a 31-day March.”
Business tip of the Day
Mortgage Interest rates are LOW, LOW, LOW
Want to Re-fie?
Get pre-qualified to purchase your new home?
Call me for great suggestions and assistance!
Tax Year 2019
(January 1 – December 31, 2019) can be e-Filed now. You have until April 15, 2020 to e-File 2019 Tax Returns, however if you owe Taxes e-File an extension by April 15 otherwise late filing penalties might apply. Even if you file an extension, be sure and pay any owed taxes by April 15, 2020 as an extension only gives you until October 15, 2020 to file your return.
Earth Day is April 22 of every year. April 22, 2020 will mark 50 years of Earth Day.
Earth Day was a unified response to an environment in crisis — oil spills, smog, rivers so polluted they literally caught fire.
On April 22, 1970, 20 million Americans — 10% of the U.S. population at the time — took to the streets, college campuses and hundreds of cities to protest environmental ignorance and demand a new way forward for our planet.
The first Earth Day is credited with launching the modern environmental movement, and is now recognized as the planet’s largest civic event.
The first Earth Day in 1970 launched a wave of action, including the passage of landmark environmental laws in the United States. The Clean Air, Clean Water and Endangered Species Acts were created in response to the first Earth Day in 1970, as well as the creation of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Many countries soon adopted similar laws.
Earth Day continues to hold major international significance: In 2016, the United Nations chose Earth Day as the day when the historic Paris Agreement on climate change was signed into force.
Recipe to Try
Earth Bowl Salads with Smokey Candied Walnuts and Basil Vinaigrette.
Earth Bowl Salads
with Smokey Candied Walnuts and Basil Vinaigrette
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- kernels from 2 ears sweet corn (or 1-1/2 cups frozen-than-thawed sweet corn kernels)
- extra virgin olive oil
- red chili pepper flakes
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 6oz white cheddar cheese, cubed
- 10oz mixed greens
For the Smokey Candied Walnuts:
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Fisher Walnut Halves and Pieces
For the Basil Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh basil
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
How to Make It
- For the Smokey Candied Walnuts: Preheat oven to 350 degrees then line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper and set aside. Add all ingredients except walnuts to a small bowl then stir to combine. Add walnuts then stir to coat. Spread walnuts out on prepared baking sheet then bake for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven then stir and let cool (walnuts will crisp as they cool.)
- Turn oven up to 400 degrees then spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick spray and set aside. Add broccoli to one baking sheet and corn to the other then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, red chili pepper flakes, and salt, then toss with hands to coat. Roast for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool slightly.
- For the Basil Vinaigrette: add all ingredients except extra virgin olive oil to a food processor or blender then pulse to roughly chop the basil. Turn processor on then slowly stream in olive oil.
- Divide lettuce between bowls then top with roasted broccoli and sweet corn, smokey candied walnuts, white cheddar cheese, tomatoes, and basil dressing
I am committed with results! I work with a great team of professionals including a photographer to capture your home to give maximum exposure in both our online and offline marketing. I am a top producer in the Rim Country and work with you from start to finish of the home buying/selling process. Even after the sale, I am always here to help!
I Start it, I Finish it. Committed with Results.
Kristin Croak, PLLC
ERA Young Realty & Investment
424 S Beeline Highway, Payson, AZ 85541